Stacey Dooley has let slip that she’s filmed two new documentaries after heading across the world with a camera crew in tow.
Hot on the heels of her recent ‘Brainwashing Stacey’ mini-series for BBC Three, Stacey revealed the exciting news to fans on social media.
The investigative journalist, 29, promised one follower on Twitter: “2 brand new eps super-sooooon!”
Spilling a bit more info, she told another eager fan: “Just finished one in Canada and another in Japan….not long, girl!”
Sadly, Stacey is remaining tight-lipped on exactly what the documentaries are about (boo!) but it’s not the first time she has headed to both countries to film.
In 2012, the documentary maker visited Japan to meet youngsters living in the midst of a two-decade-long economic downturn. She met people who worked 15-hours-a-day upwards and heard horror stories about folk who had literally grafted themselves to death.
Meanwhile, more recently Stacey travelled to Canada to investigate the global war on drugs. While there, she watched as police swooped in on an MDMA den before dismantling it.
Stacey’s two new shows are bound to be hard-hitting and we definitely can’t wait to see them.
And why exactly do we rate Stacey so highly? Here’s why:
- Stacey is FEARLESS. Whether it’s confronting drugs barons in South America or Muslim extremists in her hometown of Luton, Stacey gets the job done without so much as a flinch.
- This girl isn’t afraid to stand up for what she believes in. If Stacey thinks someone has overstepped the mark with their controversial views, she will tell them.
- Although she is strong, Stacey is also extremely compassionate and never afraid to show her emotions.
- Former shop assistant Stacey got her big break at the age of 21, following her debut documentary ‘Blood, Sweat and T-shirts’. Having witnessed children working in sweatshops firsthand, and then later seeing serious poverty around the world for other documentaries, Stacey has dedicated many hours of her life to charity work.
- Finally, she’s just like us! Unlike some hard-hitting investigative journalists, Stacey is someone we can really relate to. She’s down to earth, sassy and a real fashionista. Plus, Stacey chose the TV series ‘Girls’ as her specialist subject during a recent episode of ‘Celebrity Mastermind’. Need we say more?!