Justin Bieber appears to have finally promised to grow up after reaching the grand old age of 23.
The Canadian pop star, who never strays far from the headlines, made a vow to his family and friends while marking his birthday on Wednesday 1 March.
Taking to social media, Justin shared a cute throwback picture of himself while declaring that he hopes to become a “better” person all round now he has turned another year older.
Captioning the shot, Justin said: “It’s my birthday and all I want is to be a better friend, better brother, better son and and better man.”
Justin has been inundated with birthday messages from fans. In fact, a whopping 100,000 were sent his way within the space of just 25 minutes!
One follower said: “Happy birthday Justin, I wish you the best in this new journey and I hope you have a great day.”
Another added: “Good for you for wanting to be a better person. That shows growth and maturity. Good on you JB xxxxx.”
It’s my birthday and all I want is to be a better friend, better brother, better son and and better man.
Having found fame at the tender age of 16, Justin’s journey has been quite the rollercoaster.
To celebrate both his big day and turning over a new leaf, we’ve taken a look back at those #facepalm Bieber moments that he has (hopefully) put behind him…
Our Five Favourite Bieber Facepalms
1. Turning up two hours late to his own concert at London’s O2 Arena earned Justin the new name of Justin Diva back in 2013. Appaz he was too busy playing computer games to arrive on time…
2. Justin attempted to wallop a pap as he arrived at his London hotel that year too. But we don’t know what was worse, his red rage or his red woolly hat.
3. Remember Mally the monkey? Justin probably doesn’t. In 2013 (AGAIN), Justin arrived in Munich, Germany, with his pet Mally and without the necessary paperwork. The primate was placed in quarantine…before being re-homed at the country’s Serengeti Park.
4. The following year, Justin was arrested in Miami after illegally drag racing down the street. He escaped jail and instead agreed to go on an anger management course and pay a $50,000 charitable donation. But was sticks with us is his mugshot. Bless him, he looked so happy.
5. Things all got a bit too much for The Biebs last year. At a concert in Manchester, he demanded fans stopped screaming before storming off stage. But apparently he wasn’t angry. Bieber later insisted: “All I was simply doing was wanting people to listen, to kind of hear me out a little bit.”