Game Of Thrones Season 7 Release Date And Teaser Has Been Revealed
Game of Thrones season 7 is coming and so is winter (in the series only of course). Us Game of Thrones devotees have all been gearing up ready for the new series and now the teaser trailer and launch date has been released, we no longer know nothing.
These new information snippets have made us more excited. The date though…less so. We know all good things come to those who wait, but seriously, July 17 (for UK fans)? We have to wait another four months and we’re dying a little bit inside. Normally, GoT is an April release, but this year it’s been delayed and we can’t say we’re thrilled.
It certainly looks worth the wait mind…
Writer and Producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss said of the later start date during a UFC podcast:
“We’re starting a bit later because at the end of this season, ‘Winter is here’ – and that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes anymore.
Those that tuned into the Facebook Live video to actually find out the delayed date also had a very long wait. The video made Game of Thrones fans sit and view a huge block of ice be melted by fire until the date beneath surfaced, but there were several technical hitches along the way that caused frustrated fans to wait over an hour. It must have felt like winter was never coming. It was pretty genius though and pretty hilarious thousands of avid fans willingly watched ice melt for over 60 minutes, whilst being encourage to type ‘fire’ in the comments box to encourage the ice to melt.. Here is the shorter, now edited version:
Once the date was clear for all to see, then came the teaser trailer which flurried our excitement once more. Although after a pretty dull hour of the fire and ice performance, we’re pretty sure even seeing someone as awful as Ramsay Bolton come onto the screen would have sparked our interest. Breathe a sigh of relief though ladies, Ramsay Bolton is of course still dead and was nowhere to be seen in this trailer. No-one in fact was seen as the teaser was a range of character voice snippets from the new series with Jon Snow finishing up the clip saying:
“There’s only one war that matters. The Great War. And it is here.”
Sounds like it’s going to be pretty epic.
What We Know So Far
- The release date is July 17 (for UK fans) at 2am on Sky Atlantic. But for those not willing to stay up and watch it at the same time as our American friends, it will be re-played at 9pm too.
- Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion), Lena Headey (Cersei), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) are all set to feature in this new Game of Thrones season.
- New faces on GoT will include, Jim Broadbent (yes that is Bridget Jones’ dad) and Joseph Quinn.
- There are just seven episodes in season seven.
- This is not the last season. Former president of programming at HBO Michael Lombardo said there will be eight.
- Will Sansa betray Jon Snow? Surely not after they’ve only just re-united and she saved his arse at the Battle of the Bastards? However, Sophie Turner who plays Sansa Stark hinted she might like to be Queen of the North…on her own. Ouch.
- Iain Glen (Ser Jorah), Joseph Mawle (Benjen Stark), Lady Lyanna (Bella Ramsey), Kristofer Hivju (wildling Tormund), Joe Dempsie (Gendry) have been spotted filming so we feel it’s highly likely we’ll be seeing them very soon.
- Bastille are rumoured for a cameo appearance according to Watchersonthewall.com. The show has already featured the likes of Sigur Ros and Snow Patrol so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility.
- Is Khal Drogo set to return from the dead? Jason Mimoa’s Instagram account may have suggested so. This one is definitely open for interpretation.
Game of Thrones Season Six Re-Cap
- The High Sparrow, Queen Margaery, Ser Loras and Lancel Lannister die in one fell swoop when bad-ass Cersei blows up the court house.
- King Tommen kills himself by jumping out the window after his lady love Margaery dies. It’s sad but, he was a bit of a wet blanket wasn’t he?
- Arya is back in Westeros and we feel like she might become less dull.
- Jon Snow becomes King in the North after Sansa Stark saves him in the Battle of the Bastards.
- Ramsey dies in battle. Thank the lord.
- Cersei is on the Iron throne, exactly where she wanted to be, but had to kill pretty much everyone to get there. She even managed to kind of kill her beloved son Tommen in doing so.
- Daenerys Targaryen finally had enough ships to sail for Westeros. We love this woman and we have high hopes for season seven her for season seven.
- Winter came. That is all.
So. Will a drunk dwarf be the saviour of the seven kingdoms? Probably not, just as Tyrion himself predicted, but we’ll definitely be tuning in to find out what happens next.