Ariana Grande will return to Manchester this Sunday 4 June in a concert at Emirates Old Trafford cricket ground with a host of stars in memory of the 22 who died during her show at Manchester Arena last week.
Joining her at the event will be Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, That That, Katy Perry, Usher and One Direction star Niall Horan.
Ian Hopkins, the police chief constable of Manchester, told BBC Radio Manchester recently that the families of the victims who were injured and lost their lives in the terror attack were consulted ahead of the benefit show, and the majority of them were “very much in favour” of it taking place.
“There are some that clearly aren’t,” he said. “That is totally understandable”.
The US pop singer, 23, returned to her hometown of Boca Raton in Florida after the terror attack, having sent a single tweet telling fans that she was “broken” and “so so sorry”.
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
She was scheduled to play the O2 Arena on Thursday and Friday but all shows through to 5 June have been cancelled.
Grande’s management released the following statement: “Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost.
“The London O2 shows this week have been cancelled as well as all shows through June 5 in Switzerland.
“We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence.
“Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together. Thank you.”
Grande is offering free tickets to fans who were at her Manchester Arena show on 22 May, however concert-goers are being requested not to bring bags.
Tickets also go on General Sale on Thursday.